Jeremy J. Grogg
Jeremy Grogg is a partner with Burt, Blee, Dixon, Sutton & Bloom, working out of both the Auburn and the Fort Wayne offices and practicing in the area of civil litigation. Mr. Grogg represents and advises individuals and corporations in both pursuing and defending commercial claims. Mr. Grogg also counsels banks and lenders of various sizes in workouts as well as with liquidation of commercial loans. In addition, he has assisted both landlords and tenants with evictions and leasing matters, both residential and commercial.
Mr. Grogg has also acted as general counsel for national companies, coordinating and overseeing litigation efforts nationwide. Born in Auburn, Indiana, Mr. Grogg attended Purdue University, graduating in 1999 with a B. A. in Political Science. He then attended the Indiana University School of Law – Indianapolis, where he graduated cum laude in 2003. Mr. Grogg joined BBDS&B as a clerk during his first year of law school and has been litigating for the firm ever since. Mr. Grogg is admitted to practice in the Northen and Southern Districts of Indiana, the Indiana Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, and has been named as a “Rising Star” by Indiana Super Lawyers.
- Indiana, 2003
- Northern District of Indiana, 2003
- Southern District of Indiana, 2003
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2006
- United States Tax Court, 2014
- Purdue University, Lafayette, Indiana
1999 - Bachelor of Arts
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
2003 - Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
Areas of Practice:
- Civil Litigation
- Environmental Law
- Business Law
- Allen County Bar Association
- DeKalb County Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Citizenship Committee, Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Allen County Volunteer Lawyers Program - Board of Directors
- Rising Star, Indiana Super Lawyers
- Indiana Supreme Court
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. v. Summers 988 N.E.2d 1133 (Ind.2013) (Supreme Court Oral Argument - first chair)
- Reuille v. Brandenberger Const., Inc. 888 N.E.2d 770 (Ind. 2008) (Supreme Court OralArgument - first chair).
- Money Store Inv. Corp. v. Summers, 849 N.E.2d 544 (Ind. 2006) (Supreme Court OralArgument - second chair).
- 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Cadleway Properties, Inc. v. Ossian State Bank, 478 F.3d 767 (7th Cir., 2007) (OralArgument - first chair).
- Indiana Court of Appeals - Published
- Money Store Inv. Corp. v. Summers, 822 N.E.2d 223 (Ind.Ct.App. 2005).
- Afolabi v. Atlantic Mortg. & Investment Corp., 849 N.E.2d 1170 (Ind.Ct.App. 2006).
- Reuille v. Brandenberger Const., Inc., 873 N.E.2d 116 (Ind.Ct.App. 2007).
- Irmshire Suppliers, Inc. v. Capital Crossing Bank, 887 N.E.2d 97 (Ind.Ct.App. 2008).
- Money Store Inv. Corp. v. Summers, 909 N.E.2d 450 (Ind.Ct.App. 2009).
- Millikan v. Eifrid 968 N.E.2d 243 (Ind.Ct.App 2012)
- Wells Fargo Bank N.A. v. Summers 974 N.E.2d 488 (Ind.Ct.App 2012)
- Landlord Tenant Law: Leases, Evictions, Litigation and Settlements - 2010.
- Mechanic's Liens & Related Litigation - 2012
- Auburn Noon Classic Lion's Club, Member
- Jackson Township Athletic Association, Member