Michael C. Moellering
Michael Moellering is a partner with Burt, Blee, Dixon, Sutton & Bloom, LLP . Since 2005, he has served as the firm's Managing Partner overseeing the operations of the entire law firm. His primary practice areas include business and corporate law, employment law and real estate. Mr. Moellering has given presentations to various professional organizations and private client groups on the topics of corporate and employment law matters. From 1999 to 2004 he served as an Adjunct Professor of Business Law at Taylor University in Fort Wayne.
Mr. Moellering has been active in his community for many years. Presently, he serves as a member of the YMCA Metropolitan Board of Directors. He has also served as a member of the School Board for St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran School, as well as a member of the Community Advisory Council and the Board of Directors for the Hoosier College Preparatory Program of Taylor University.
Mr. Moellering has also enjoyed coaching grade school and high school football from 2004 through 2010. He previously served as a member of the Southwood Park Community Association and as a director of Foster Park Little League. Prior to attending law school, he served in a management capacity for his family's business, Moellering Construction Co., Inc., a regional heavy highway construction corporation.
After graduating from Taylor University in 1987, he received his Juris Doctor from Valparaiso University School of Law in 1992. While attending law school, Mr. Moellering served as the first Chief Justice of the Moot Court Society, was a member of the National Moot Court Team and a Regional Champion and National Finalist in the National Negotiation Competition. Additionally, he was the recipient of the Corpus Juris Secundum Award from the School of Law in 1992.
- Indiana, 1992
- Taylor University, Upland, Indiana
1987 - Bachelor of Arts
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana
1992 - Juris Doctor
Areas of Practice:
- Business and Corporate Law
- Real Estate
- Employment Law
- Allen County Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Managing Partner, 2005 - present
- Adjunct Professor, Taylor University, 1999-2004
- ICLEF Seminar Chair, Planning Your First Business Entity, 1998-1999
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Moot Court Society Board of Directors, Chief Justice, 1991-1992
- Recipient, Corpus Juris Secundum Award
- 1992 National Moot Court Team
- National Negotiation Team Competition, 1991-1992
- Regional Champion & National Finalist, 1990-1991
- YMCA Metropolitan Board of Directors
- Concordia Lutheran High School (Past Assistant Football Coach)
- St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church & School (Past School Board Member)
- Foster Park Little League (Past Board Member and Vice President)
- Southwood Park Community Association (Past Board Member)
- Holy Cross Lutheran School (Past Assistant Football Coach)
- Community Advisory Council (Past Member)
- Hoosier College Preparatory Program of Taylor University, Board of Directors