C. Erik Chickedantz
Erik Chickedantz graduated from the U.S. Military Academy, West Point, NY in 1963. During 1963-1969, he served as an airborne infantry officer in the U.S. Army including duty tours with the 101st Airborne Division, Vietnamese Airborne Division and 82nd Airborne Division. Following his graduation from the University of Michigan Law School in 1971, he began his law practice in 1972 and currently is a member of Burt, Blee, Dixon, Sutton & Bloom, LLP. Presently, his primary areas of practice include alternative dispute resolution processes involving mediation and arbitration. He also practices in the area of civil litigation including personal injury litigation, insurance defense litigation, and commercial litigation involving construction and employment litigation.
During his years of practice, Mr. Chickedantz has been actively involved in the state and local bar associations as well as activities involving Fort Wayne and the surrounding community.
In 2011-2012, he served as President of the Indiana State Bar Association. He had previously served as President of the Allen County Bar Association in 1994-1995 as well as President of the Benjamin Harrison American Inns of Court in 1999-2000. He also served on the Board of Directors for (i) the Indiana Pro Bono Commission; (ii) the Indiana Continuing Education Forum; (iii) the Indiana Bar Foundation and (iv) the Allen County Bar Foundation. For many years, he served as chair of the Board of Directors for the Three Rivers Ambulance Authority and has served on the Board of the Fort Wayne Central YMCA. He is a past trustee and elder of the First Presbyterian Church.
Mr. Chickedantz has been admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of United States, United States Court of Appeal for the 6th and 7th Judicial Circuits; the United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana; and the Supreme Court of the State of Indiana. He has been selected by his peers for inclusion in “Indiana Super Lawyers” in the specialty of alternate dispute resolution procedures for the past decade and has held a Martindale-Hubbell rating is "AV" since 1989.
- Indiana, 1972
- United States Supreme Court 2012
- United States Court of Appeals for the 6th Judicial Circuit, 1975
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 1979
- Northern District of Indiana Federal Court, 1972
- Southern District of Indiana Federal Court, 1972
- U.S. Military Academy, West Point, NY 1963 - B.S.
- University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, MI 1971- Juris Doctor
Areas of Practice:
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Civil Litigation
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Foundation
- Allen County Bar Association
- Allen County Bar Foundation
- ADR Section of the American Bar Association
- ADR and Litigation Sections of the Indiana Star Bar Association
- ADR and Litigation Sections of the Allen County Bar Association
- Benjamin Harrison Chapter, American Inns of Court
- Fellow National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals